Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Piece or Two of Deliciousness

I haven’t done many Zumbo posts lately because a) I’m waiting for the new range to come out, and b) I’m a bit caked out (never thought I’d say that, but I am).

However, the lack of cake has focused attention onto the breads and pastries at Adriano Zumbo.

So I was doing a recce at the shop today when I noticed a little basket of breads in the display counter. The cakeshop girl described them as focaccias flavoured with either potato and rosemary or goat’s cheese, caramelised onion, olives and ‘deliciousness’.

Well, who could pass up on a spot of deliciousness? Not me!


One ingredient that did not get mentioned was chilli – the focaccia is liberally sprinkled with enough chilli to blow your tongue out of your mouth. However, I am a sucker for punishment and will be back for more of this one.

I also got a berry brioche – a lovely light brioche basket filled with crème patisserie and strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and sprinkled with sweet sugar crystals. The crème was a nice relieving counterpoint to the chilli deliciousness.

And put this date in your diaries – the new Zumbo cake range will be out on Saturday 23rd May.

5 comments:

  1. super chilli focaccia! that manages to sound both delicious and scary at the same time D;

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm. the berry brioche is one of my favourite things. so lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm I'd like 2 orders of deliciousness please

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that's so funny. I've never tried a pastry or a bread although friends have! But of course it still looks so purty because well it's a Zumbo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Grace - I wish I'd had prior warning of the chilli - it was most scary!

    hi bowb - I'd never seen the berry brioche before; want more now...

    hi FFichiban - coming right up! Watch the chilli, though.

    hi Lorraine - Zumbo breads are fantastic. The spelt loaf is wholesomely gorgeous. You must try soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin